Granite Recruitment & Consulting Pty Ltd ABN 98 578 943 041 understand the importance of privacy to our candidates and clients. To provide the best service, we may collect some information about you.
We may transfer your personal details to related bodies corporate of the Company, clients of the Company or third parties who provide services to the Company. These entities are located in Australia and in the countries listed on our website at www.graniterac.com
The information we collect and hold
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name
- images of you
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number
- your date of birth
- your preferences and/or opinions
- information you provide to us through customer surveys
your sensitive information as set out below
- details of services or products we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information, including Facebook
any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties including from a third party who orders our products as a gift for you.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear at the time of collection.
Users who are not registered with Granite Consulting can generally visit the Granite Consulting websites without revealing who they are or other personal information. If you provide us with personal information through the Granite Consulting website, we may log your usage of Granite Consulting site for the purposes below.
When you use or register for services in connection with the Site, we may ask for certain personal information that will assist us to provide you with a service that meets your needs and circumstances. We may also collect personal information from you through the Candidate Registration Form, through interviews, tests, CVs, resumes, and references, or when you submit your CV through the Site or through a third-party site. The categories of personal information we may collect include your name and contact information (email, address and phone number). Depending on the nature of your inquiry or activities on the Site, we may also collect information about your job search criteria and preferences, employment experience, educational history, expectations, skills, personality, salary, references information, background information, other information contained in your resume, and any other relevant information.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
We may collect sensitive information such as nationality, languages spoken, professional association memberships or accreditations, interests and your employment history and past responsibilities. We may also collect this and other types of personal information, such as references and employment objectives during the course of dealing with you, for example if you are considered for a particular position.
How we collect and use personal information
- to establish and maintain your relationship as a website user, client or candidate of Granite Consulting, including providing you with interviews, newsletters, reports and other information
- to provide the services you have requested from Granite Consulting
- to answer your inquiry
- to register you for events, promotions or competitions
- for the purpose of disclosing information to our clients where necessary and appropriate in connection with the provision of a service to you
- for the purpose of disclosing information to companies and individuals we employ to perform business functions and services on our behalf, on the basis that such companies and individuals must protect your Personal Information and may not disclose or use it for unrelated purposes. Such functions may include, for example, hosting our Web servers, analysing data, providing legal, accounting and marketing services
- where permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as a permitted general situation or a permitted health situation
- to the extent necessary or appropriate to government agencies, advisors, and other third parties in order to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of Granite Consulting or its affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security (d) protect the personal safety of the users or the public;(e) to assist the investigation of an offence by a law enforcement authority; or prevent a serious or imminent threat to an individual's life, health or safety or public health or safety.
- to assist us to make Granite Consulting’s services more valuable to our clients and candidates
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia
- to third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to provide the services you have requested, such as psychometric evaluations or other skills tests and, in the case of candidates, to prospective contractors/employers with your prior consent
- to third parties who provide services to us such as IT consultants, mailing houses and function co-ordinators; and
- to different parts of Granite Consulting to enable the development and marketing of other products and services, to improve our customer service in general and where there may be opportunities overseas.
Storage and Security
Granite Consulting will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Choice and Consent
This includes your consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy law. You acknowledge that some overseas third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
You do not have to provide personal information to us, however, if you do not, it may affect your use of this Site or the services and/or products offered on or through it.
Access to information
You can access the personal information that Granite Consulting holds about you by contacting the Granite Consulting Privacy Officer as set out below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out-of-date or inaccurate, please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
Information from Third Parties
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may have the right, depending on the jurisdiction, to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Current contact details for the OAIC are available on the OAIC's website at www.oaic.gov.au.